A 1796 pattern British infantry officer’s spadroon.
Acquired for the Triquetra Collection in 2016, purchased from a private collection.
Resources about this model
- Web article: Identifying British Infantry Officers’ Swords (Matthew Forde)
- Web article: British 1786 and 1796 Pattern Infantry Officer Sword (Harvey Withers)
- Web article: British 1786 and 1796 Pattern Infantry Officer’s Sword (Harvey Withers)
- YouTube video: Antique 1796 infantry officer’s spadroon with blue and gilt blade (Matt Easton)
- Similar museum example: Pattern 1796 Infantry Officer’s sword in the Royal Armouries
- Reference book: Brian Robson. Swords of the British Army: The Regulation Patterns 1788 to 1914. Revised edition. Naval and Military Press and National Army Museum, 2011.
Our thanks to the volunteers who helped with the information on this page:
- Ben Davies
- Keith Farrell
If you found this article interesting or helpful, please do send us a small donation to help with maintaining our Collection and to let us both expand it with new pieces and find better ways of sharing the Collection with the public.